Friday, March 21, 2014

Winter, Part One

Ok if I just post every six months?

Boston, New Hampshire, Maine...California...Canada...I've done a lot this winter and not told you any of it. I'm going to give you a couple of catch-up installments here.

Lauren and I finally took our long-planned trip to Boston. This is me with the ducks from "make way for ducklings". You can see Mrs. Mallard's stylish orange glasses if you squint. The weather was insanely cold but we saw some sights and found a fabulous fancy coffee shop that made us fancy fabulous frothy hot drinks.


My classmates Lauren and Claudia live in Milford New Hampshire. Lauren shot these gems while we were out to breakfast at a stupid early hour in a tiny cafe. We had the place to ourselves, and their staff of one made us feel like we were at a friend's house for brunch.


Hiking in New England happens all year 'round. This is a hike Lauren showed me between Milford and Peterborough NH that was long enough that we spent the majority of the time wondering if we'd passed the summit without noticing. We eventually made it to the tower at the top and saw Mt washington in the distance. We took the road back (hiking downhill in the snow and ice is even less appealing than it is in summer)

No comments:

Post a Comment