Monday, March 24, 2014

Winter, Part Four.

I've managed to get on my x-country skis twice this winter...Which is hardly at all, but the snow has been too deep for ungroomed trails (just an excuse).

 This is Dugan's first x-country ski experience:


 Here he is, quite confident and proud (rightly so- expecting to hate it, he did very well and had fun). 

He did have a couple of quite spectacular falls, though. This one was the best. That creek has got to be at least 2 feet deep and all five of us who crossed got at least a little soaked. We discovered later that that trail was "closed".













Having dragged himself out of the water, Krissy, wearing skis herself,  tries to help him up.













Down she goes....
..........we got out of it eventually.






When I go skiing by myself I have to take my own pictures (with my atrocious camera phone. Here I am in my orange hat, enjoying the fresh blanket of snow on the Kennebec river a couple of weeks ago:

 oops.
 That's better.
 Apparently a tradition in the area is to set up your Christmas tree on the river after the holidays are over...I've been seeing them everywhere.

It's a big river......

No comments:

Post a Comment