"We're so lucky"
"Life is so good!"
"Ooh, this is my favourite!"
These are just a few of the phrases that come out of my mouth on almost a daily basis. I think the vitamin D3 (in olive oil, 6,000 IU per day recommended for us up here in the northcountry) and C (1,000 mg/d) are helping. Or maybe it's the exercise (my turkey trot time: 4 miles in 36 min!). Or the positive relationships I have in my life (we had a crowd over for fakesgiving yesterday and I really enjoyed everyone).
Back in late July/early August I gave myself a running injury (I ran on a sore hip and royally effed it up). This left me limping around in excruciating pain for an absurd amount of time. In the past couple of weeks I have finally been able to run more than a mile or so without soreness, and it is fabulous. And you know what I credit with my recovery? Not any amount of stretching or rest, or the three bodywork practitioners I saw. I credit time combined with the $5 cardio kickboxing classes down the road from my school. Crosstraining is where it's at, apparently. Our bodies are awesome, you guys. Too bad they don't come with a user's manual, though it could be argued that would take the fun out of it.
In other news:
Not much to report, besides that I am happy, busy, learning lots, getting good grades, riding my bike instead of driving my car when possible, consorting with a sweet vegan, which means cooking up all kinds of vegan delights (for thanksgiving: pecan and sweet potato pies, spanakopita, etc). Also, I just took a class on adoptive breastfeeding (inducing lactation in order to breastfeed a baby you did not bear). Fascinating stuff, and formally endorsed by the American Medical Association. As it turns out, breast is best for adopted babies too!
And here is a picture of my class :)
"Life is so good!"
"Ooh, this is my favourite!"
These are just a few of the phrases that come out of my mouth on almost a daily basis. I think the vitamin D3 (in olive oil, 6,000 IU per day recommended for us up here in the northcountry) and C (1,000 mg/d) are helping. Or maybe it's the exercise (my turkey trot time: 4 miles in 36 min!). Or the positive relationships I have in my life (we had a crowd over for fakesgiving yesterday and I really enjoyed everyone).
Back in late July/early August I gave myself a running injury (I ran on a sore hip and royally effed it up). This left me limping around in excruciating pain for an absurd amount of time. In the past couple of weeks I have finally been able to run more than a mile or so without soreness, and it is fabulous. And you know what I credit with my recovery? Not any amount of stretching or rest, or the three bodywork practitioners I saw. I credit time combined with the $5 cardio kickboxing classes down the road from my school. Crosstraining is where it's at, apparently. Our bodies are awesome, you guys. Too bad they don't come with a user's manual, though it could be argued that would take the fun out of it.
In other news:
Not much to report, besides that I am happy, busy, learning lots, getting good grades, riding my bike instead of driving my car when possible, consorting with a sweet vegan, which means cooking up all kinds of vegan delights (for thanksgiving: pecan and sweet potato pies, spanakopita, etc). Also, I just took a class on adoptive breastfeeding (inducing lactation in order to breastfeed a baby you did not bear). Fascinating stuff, and formally endorsed by the American Medical Association. As it turns out, breast is best for adopted babies too!
And here is a picture of my class :)
No comments:
Post a Comment